Graduate Civil Engineer (Materials & Specifications)
ACS is an important provider of Materials Testing, Geo-environmental and Geotechnical services in southern England. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen to appoint a full-time Civil Engineering Graduate member of the Testing Team, based from our office/laboratory in Poole, Dorset.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and reporting on clients’ construction project specification documents;
- Maintaining a good up to date understanding of relevant standards for use of natural construction materials (soils and aggregates);
- Responding to ad hoc queries from existing and prospective clients regarding materials suitability for use in earthworks;
- Supporting the preparation of technical reports, including liaison with Clients and Regulators;
- Liaison with laboratory staff re development of appropriate testing schedules for physical and chemical parameters;
- A strong focus on Quality and Health & Safety;
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- A first degree in Civil Engineering;
- A good understanding of the uses of natural materials in earthworks and general construction;
- An understanding of the current British and European standards against which the performance of natural materials is specified and measured;
- The ability to communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues and clients, using verbal and written skills;
- Strong IT capabilities, including use of Office suite;
- Enthusiasm, stamina and a willingness to learn new skills in support of career progression;
- The ability to work effectively, either alone or within a team;
The following attributes are preferred but not essential:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant subject;
- Previous experience in a consultancy or testing environment;
- Membership of a relevant professional body and working towards Chartership;
The successful applicant would gain practical training and technical knowledge from the business, potentially enabling them to progress over time into senior roles within our Team.
Basic package details:
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
- Core Working Hours: 08:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday, with an occasional requirement for overtime working, when necessary.
- Holidays: 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays.
- Salary: To be advised, subject to qualifications & experience. ACS is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply, please email with a recent CV and a covering letter setting out your interest in joining ACS,to Ben Arnold, Geoscience Business Director ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).