We hold a strong position within our industry and due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Driller / Drillers Assistant to work alongside our current Site Investigation team.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Operation of geotechnical windowless sampling drilling rigs;
- Undertake geotechnical sampling, coring, open holing and in-situ testing;
- Installation of geotechnical and geo-environmental monitoring equipment;
- Responsible for on-site drilling operations;
- Maintain company drilling rigs, equipment and vehicles to a high standard;
- Follow company operational and health and safety procedures;
- Act as Drillers Assistant within our 2-man drilling team. Gaining knowledge and understanding of the role and leading with training to be a lead rig operator.
- The role will also involve training to be a Construction Materials Technician to work both on sites and within our factory-type environment.
The candidate should have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of drilling rigs and their capabilities. Preferably NVQ qualified;
- Knowledge of the UK ground investigation industry, standards and working practices;
- Familiarity with identifying and working near buried services;
- A good working knowledge of health and safety practices;
- Willing to work throughout the UK and stay away overnight as contracts demand;
- Excellent communication skills to work with ACS geo-environmental staff and liaise with clients;
- Good planning/time management capabilities;
- Personal motivation, organisation and self-management;
- Possess a clean driving licence, ideally with min 5 years’ experience and entitlement for towing;
- Capabilities to lift heavy samples and equipment, within H&S guidelines.
- Previous employment within the Construction industry;
The successful applicant would gain technical knowledge from the business, potentially enabling them to progress into senior roles within our Drilling and construction site testing team.
Hours: 8:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
(If required, to start earlier in the morning to avoid traffic and make travelling to sites more efficient)
This position may also include weekend work and night work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, please email us at email@example.com