Phase I - Desk Based Research
Desk studies are carried out prior to investigatory works and involve obtaining information from a variety of sources. This will always include a walk over survey to identify site conditions and constraints.
Desk studies generally include:
- Environmental data reports
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology
- Local Authority records e.g. planning, environmental health and building control.
- County Council records e.g. Petroleum Officer, Archaeology.
- Obtaining information and data from: Environmental Agency, Natural England and Statutory Utility Companies (i.e. water and electricity)
- Historical aerial photographs
- Preparation of conceptual model and site investigation strategy
- Assessment of constraints to development