With an extensive range of investigation techniques, ACS can cater for a range of Client requirements. Investigations are designed to provide the required geotechnical parameters. Selection of investigatory method will often depend on site access and can often be carried out in buildings and factories and limited headroom situations.
Services we offer include:
- Trial pits - in situ testing and hand shear vane
- Window / Windowless sampling using in house Archway Competitor 130 Rig
- Heavy and super heavy Dynamic Probing
- Hand held window sampling equipment for sites with limited access e.g. railway embankments
- Shell and Auger, Rotary and Sonic drilling techniques (through our sub-contractors)
- Assessment of ground conditions and potential foundation solutions
- Soakaway testing and design - perforated rings, infiltration boxes and trenches.
- Assessment of material re-use and earthworks options in collaboration with laboratory testing for DD/OMC, MCV and site testing
- In situ CBR / Plate Bearing / Nuclear Density tests.
- Investigation of structural defects e.g. railway abutments, retaining walls and floor slabs.
- Piling mat design for granular or cohesive sub-grades
- Logs prepared in Holebase for pdf or AGS data format issue.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.